Make An Enquiry

If you would like further information regarding any of our services please complete the short form below.

Energy Performance Certificates

What You Need To Know About EPC'S

Energy Performace Certificates

Energy Performance Certificates are needed whenever a property is:-

-    Built
-    Sold
-    Rented

If you’re selling or renting your home, you must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property.

In Scotland, you must display the EPC somewhere in the property - eg in the meter cupboard or next to the boiler.

An EPC contains:

-   Information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs
-   Recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money

An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and it is valid for 10 years.

How to get an EPC

If you’re selling or renting out your home, you’ll need to find an accredited assessor:

At Bakewell & Horner we have fully qualified EPC assessors available to provide an EPC.

Contact our office today: 0151 638 6313

If you don’t have an EPC when you need one, you can be fined.

If you’re buying or renting then the person selling the house, the landlord or the letting agent must show you the EPC.

Buildings that don’t need an EPC

These include:
-    places of worship
-    temporary buildings that will be used for less than 2 years
-    stand-alone buildings with total useful floor space of less than 50 square metres
-    industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings that don’t use a lot of energy
-    some buildings that are due to be demolished
-    holiday accommodation that’s rented out for less than 4 months a year or is let under a licence to occupy
-    listed buildings
-    residential buildings intended to be used less than 4 months a year

ORDER YOUR EPC TODAY 0151 638 6313

Order Your EPC

  • Qualified Assessor
  • Competitive Prices
  • Wirral & Liverpool Areas
  • 24 Hour Turnaround